Main Article Content
Democratization upholds freedom becomes the basis for actualization of each person. Themselves, including in political matters. Individual freedom guaranteed by the constitution in the state reflects the high popularity of this democratic system. However, this freedom ultimately reinforces the gap between identities (religion, ethnicity, language, gender, etc.) in state especially with regard to national political issues. Questions of religion and nationalism two identities that are currenty being discussed in the country. Identity controversy politics escalated until there was an accusation that this interest group then began to divige a nation that is used to respecting differences. This article aims to define the political the reality of religious and nasionalist groups. For this, qualitative and research methods were used. Study this problem. This study shows that divisions arising from political grouping on the basis of religious identity and nationalism undermined the stability of the country, which characterized by the emergence of critical trust in the authorities, the spread of false news, persecution and limited space for democratization. Etc. Democratization, which defends feedom, becomes the basis for the actualization of each individual, including in political issues. Individual freedom guaranteed by the constitution in the state, reflects the high popularity of this democratic system. However, this freedom, in the end, furtheir clarifies gap between identities in the state especially on national policy issues. Questions of relion and nationalism-two identities which are now being discussed in the country. Identity politics controversy erupted until the allegation that this interest group then began to divige the nation, which previously respected diffrences. This article aims to define the political reality religious and nationalist groups. For this, qualitative and research methods were used. Problem this study shows that the sivision that arises from political grouping based on religious identity and natonalism have undermined the stability of the country, which is marked by trust emergence of critical , the spread of false news, persecution, and limited space for semocratization.
Authors who publish their manuscripts in this Journal agree to the following conditions:
- Copyright in each article belongs to the Universitas Sulawesi Barat (Copyright Â©)
- The author acknowledges that this journal has the right to publish articles with the copyright holder to Universitas Sulawesi Barat.
- It is prohibited by law to copy or duplicate part or all of the contents of articles in this journal in any way and in any form and is prohibited from distributing the articles either electronically or printed without written permission from the Mandar Social Science Journal
- Castells, M. (2003). The Power Of Identity: The Information Age, Economy, Society and Cultural. Vol II. Blackwell Publishing:Australia.
- Haboddinn, M. (2012). Menguatnya Politik Identitas di Ranah Lokal. Jurnal Studi Pemerintahan, Volume 3 Nomor 1 Februari 2012, Hal. 109-126.
- Harahap, FR. (2014). Politik Identitas Berbasis Agama. Prosiding Sosiologi Konflik dan Politik Identitas. Yogyakarta.
- Heller, A dan Punsher, S. (1995). Biopolitical Ideologies an New Social Movements. A New Handbook of Political Societies. Blackwell Oxford.
- Heyes, C. (2007). Identity Politics Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Diakses 13 September 2018, dari: Plato. Stanford. Edu/entries/identitypolitics.
- Maarif, AS. (2012). Politik Identitas dan Masa Depan Pluralisme Indonesia. Democracy Project: jakarta.
- Moleong, L. J. (2002). Metodelogi Penelitian Kualitatif. PT. Remaja Rosda Karya: Bandung.
- Suparman, P. (2004). Hubungan Antar Suku Bangsa. KIK Press: Jakarta.