Main Article Content
The implementation of public diplomacy is increasing in popularity, many countries pay special attention to the performance of their public diplomacy. Public diplomacy is an effort made to influence individuals or other organizations outside their country in a positive way or it can be said that diplomacy does not use violence in its implementation so that in the end it can change the view of a country. Indonesia itself has long carried out public diplomacy, an Indonesian diplomat stated that Indonesia has even carried out public diplomacy since its independence. Public diplomacy activities in creating the image of the Indonesian nation play an important role in creating world peace, including in knitting brotherhood between nations that are established in bilateral and trilateral relations of a country, besides that the part of public diplomacy in education is also needed to give a positive image of Indonesia in the eyes of the world so then it will further strengthen the relationship between Indonesia and Thailand with the cooperation that was built and agreed upon by the two, and this can be achieved one way or another through the use of a country's public diplomacy. So that the use of public diplomacy is essential and should be given more attention by a country in achieving its national interests.
Authors who publish their manuscripts in this Journal agree to the following conditions:
- Copyright in each article belongs to the Universitas Sulawesi Barat (Copyright Â©)
- The author acknowledges that this journal has the right to publish articles with the copyright holder to Universitas Sulawesi Barat.
- It is prohibited by law to copy or duplicate part or all of the contents of articles in this journal in any way and in any form and is prohibited from distributing the articles either electronically or printed without written permission from the Mandar Social Science Journal
- Amin, A & Ismira, A. (2019). Diplomasi Budaya Dalam Perspektif Hubungan Internasional, Analisis Terhadap Polewali Mandar International Folk And Art (PIFAF) Sebagai Diplomasi Budaya. Badan penerbit UNM, hal. 24.
- Amin, AW. (2018). Diplomasi Publik Indonesia Melalui Bidang Pendidikan Dalam Hubungan Bilateral Indonesia-Thailand; Studi Kasus Mahasiswa Thailand di Perguruan Tinggi di Indonesia. Jakarta: Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah.
- Helmiati. (2014). Sejarah Islam Asia Tenggara. Riau: Lembaga Penelitian Dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau, hal. 223.
- Kementerian luar negeri, (2021, 07 21). Direktorat Jenderal informasi dan diplomasi publik. Diakses dari Kemlu:https://www.kemlu.go.id/id/tentang-kemlu/struktur-kemlu/organization.aspx?kementerianid=6
- Melissen , J. (2006) Public diplomacy between theory and practice. “The Present And Future Of Public Diplomacy: A European Perspective”. The 2006 Madrid conference on public diplomacy. Madrid: Elcano, hal. 2.
- Melissen.J (2005) The New Public Diplomacy: Soft Power in International Relations.New York.PALGRAVE MCMILAN, hal. 3-4.
- Yayan Alpian, dkk. (2019). Pentingnya pendidikan bagi manusia. Jurnal buana pengabdian. Vol. 1 No. 1, hal. 67.