Please submit your research paper which has been formatted according to the template. A completed and signed Author Declaration form must be attached. The cost of publishing one article on Siganus: JFMS is IDR 0. Payment must be made after your manuscript is declared accepted based on the review process. If the manuscript does not follow the format according to the template and author guidelines, the editorial team will return the author's manuscript to be corrected according to the guidelines of Siganus: Journal of Fisheries and Marine Science.
GUIDE FOR AUTHOR
The journal publishes research paper that is related to the fields of aquaculture, capture fisheries, fishery product processing, fisheries socio-economics, and marine science. However, The scope of this journal includes, but is not limited to the research results of:
- Fisheries product technology
- Fish Diseases
- Fish health management
- Aquatic resources management
- Fishery agribusiness
- Fishery biotechnology/Molecular Genetics
The original manuscript is written in Indonesian, except for abstracts that must be written in two languages (Indonesian and English). The research paper is never been published anywhere else. Articles must be submitted in Microsoft Word. Manuscripts outside the terms of explanation will not be accepted. The Author Declaration Form regarding the article must be filled out and attached together with the submitted manuscript. The author must clearly state the name of the correspondent author, affiliation, full address, telephone number, and email address. The initial review will not be carried out if the author does not submit the author's statement form. Correspondence authors are responsible for the authenticity of the research paper and the content of the manuscript. The file containing the manuscript and the author's statement form can be uploaded via the web page http://ojs.unsulbar.ac.id/index.php/siganus.
The editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and reaches a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions
- The manuscript is written in the double-column format using 11 pts Calibri (Body). Maximum word for each article is 12,000 words
- Use the international system of units (SI) or SI-derived units to express unit of measurements. including that that derived units must be used. Use the slash to indicate a ratio (e.g., mg/L instead of mg.L-1).
- All biota names should be followed by their scientific names when first used in the text. If no common name exists in English, only a scientific name should be used
- Define abbreviations that are not standard in the Fisheries (Aquaculture, Capture Fisheries, Processing Fisheries, Socio-economy and Marine Science) field at their first mention
- Numbers under 10 should be spelt out, except for measurement with a unit. Do not start the sentences with numbers. Use commas to separate thousands and a dot for decimals.
- Every reference cited in the manuscript should be listed in the reference list and vice versa. To comply with the National Journal Accreditation Regulation in Indonesia, the authors need to ensure that a minimum 80% of the cited references are published within the last 10 years.
- Format of reference must follow American Psychological Association (APA Style). Please read carefully the APA Style guide: https://titlecaseconverter.com/rules/#APA
- Each section header should be written in bold capital letters (uppercase) with center alignment. Sub-section should be written in bold sentence case letters with left alignment