Main Article Content
Independent learning and independent campus (Merdeka Belajar-Kampus Merdeka or MBKM) is a policy of Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemdikbud) which established in early 2020. This program creates challenges for education in Indonesia as teachers and lecturers are required to use technology as a media in teaching. The present study aims to investigate the students’ view toward an application of technology in learning English of management students. The participants of this study were freshman university students majoring in Management, Faculty of Economics, Universitas Sulawesi Barat. A survey questionnaire related the students’ view towards the application of technology in learning English was assigned to the students. Furthermore, an interview was conducted to get depth information. The results of this study showed that the students viewed that using technology in learning English is necessary as it motivated the students in learning English.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Ainia, D. K. (2020). Merdeka belajar dalam
- pandangan Ki Hadjar Dewantara dan
- relevansinya bagi pengembangan pendidikan
- karakter. Jurnal Filsafat Indonesia, 3 (3), 95-101.
- Ahmadi, M. R. (2018).The use of technology in English language learning. International Journal of Research in English Education 3 (2), 115-125.
- Amin, K. F., Muliadi, & Rahman, A. A. (2021). Implementasi program MBKM berbasis IKU-7 (prodi pendidikan bahasa dan sastra Indonesia). Symtax Literate, 6 (2), 1697–1706.
- Asmali, M. (2018). Integrating technology into ESP
- classes: use of student response system in
- English for specific purposes instruction. The
- Journal of Teaching English with
- Technology, 3, 86-104.
- Baharuddin, M. R. (2021). Adaptasi kurikulum merdeka belajar kampus merdeka (fokus: model MBKM program studi). Jurnal Studi Guru dan Pembelajaran, 4 (1), 195-205.
- Chiang, H. (2020). Kahoot! In an EFL reading class.
- Journal of Language Teaching and
- Research, 11 (1), 33-44.
- Fuadi, T. M., & Aswita, D. (2021). Merdeka belajar kampus merdeka (MBKM): Bagaimana penerapan dan kedala yang dihadapi oleh perguruan tinggi swasta di Aceh. Jurnal Dedikasi Pendidikan, 5 (2), 603-614.
- Haryanti, T. (2021). Pacasila spirit kesuksesan
- adaptasi teknologi dalam MBKM. In:
- Pancasila, Merdeka Belajar dan
- Kemerdekaan Pendidik. Unisma Press,
- Universitas Islam Malang.
- Khoshsima, H., Saed, A., & Arbabi, M. A. (2018).
- Online teachers’ attitudes toward using
- technology in teaching english as a foreign
- language. Journal of Applied Linguistics and
- Language Research, 5 (2), 134-148
- Kieu, V. L., et.al. (2021). The effectiveness of using
- technology in learning English. Asia CALL Online Journal 12 (2), 24-40.
- Marisa, M. (2021). Inovasi kurikulum “Merdeka
- Belajar” di era society 5.0. Santhet: (Jurnal