Main Article Content
Teachers play a very important role in the teaching and learning process. They should utilize effective strategies that are included in classroom management. In this digital era, the teachers should adjust their methods in delivering or explaining the materials for the students. One of the technology is the web. The aim of this study is to investigate the teacher’s perceptions of using the web to enhance students’ English speaking skills. This study was under phenomenological qualitative research and characterized by an interdisciplinary approach, especially education and technology. The direct personal interview was utilized to obtain the information from the teacher. The survey encompasses twelve questions that become different categories and was done in eight grades of class B in SMP Negeri 3 Pleret. The results showed that teaching speaking using the web can effectively enhance the students’ English speaking skills and the students give positive reactions regarding this method.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- A Sulthan. 2019. “Direct Personal Interviews – Methods of Primary Data Collection.” SAR Publisher. https://www.sarpublisher.com/direct-personal-interviews-methods-of-primary-data-collection/.
- American English. 2016. “Teacher’ S Corner.” In American English. americanenglish.state.gov. https://americanenglish.state.gov/resources/teachers-corner-making-learning-fun.
- Amir, Hina. 2013. “Speaking Skills.” In . https://www.slideshare.net/zeal_eagle/speaking-skills-24884424.
- Aswad, Muhammad. 2017. “Is It Truly Improvisational Exercise Push Students’ Speaking Ability.” EDUVELOP (Journal of English Education and Development) 1 (1): 9–17.
- Halik, Abdul, St Wardah Hanafie Das, Muhammad Aswad, M. Syakir Rady, Muhammad Siri Dangnga, and M. Nasir S. 2019. “Empowerment of School Committee in Improving Education Service Quality at Public Primary School in Parepare City.” Universal Journal of Educational Research 7 (9): 1956–63. https://doi.org/10.13189/ujer.2019.070915.
- Beare, Kenneth. 2017. “Classroom Management.”
- Binus University. 2018. “The Four Speaking Skills.” In , 1–3. https://english.binus.ac.id/2018/10/11/the-four-speaking-skills/.
- Creswell, John W. 2007. Qualitative Inquiry & Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Digital, Panworld Education. 2017. “BENEFITS OF DIGITAL LEARNING OVER TRADITIONAL.”
- Fauza, Hayatun, Bustami Usman, and Asnawi Muslem. n.d. “Improving Students’ Speaking Skill and Motivation by Using Hand Puppets Show Media,” 216–28.
- Fleck, Bethany K B, Lisa M Beckman, Jillian L Sterns, and Heather D Hussey. 2014. “YouTube in the Classroom : Helpful Tips and Student Perceptions” 14 (3): 21–37.
- Fralinger, Barbara, and Russell Owens. 2009. “You Tube As A Learning Tool” 6 (8): 15–28.
- Gaille, Brandon. 2017. “11 Pros and Cons of Youtube in Education.” https://brandongaille.com/11-pros-and-cons-of-youtube-in-education/.
- Ghanta, Chandra Shekhar. 2012. “Coverage of Health Information in Electronic Media – A Study.” Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce 2 (2): 95–99.
- Gunada, I Wayan Sastra. 2018. “Using YouTube Video; An IT-Based Media to Improve Students’ Speaking Skill,” no. June: 0–9.
- Kamaruzaman, Syed, and Muhammad Akbar. 2014. “Teachers Planning and Preparation of Teaching Resources and Materials in the Implementation of Form 4 Physical Education Curriculum for Physical Fitness Strand.” Turkish Journal of Sport and Exercise 16 (1): 67–67. https://doi.org/10.15314/tjse.201416165.
- Kasapoglu-Akyol, Pinar. 2010. “Using Educational Technology Tools to Improve Language and Communication Skills of ESL Students.” Novitas-Royal 4 (2): 225–41.
- Kemp, Craig. 2018. “Top 10 Technology Classroom Management Strategies That Work Technology as a Classroom Management Strategy Why Should Teachers Use These Strategies ? Technology Teaching Strategies That Work 1 . Use Technology to Search the Internet 2 . Use Microsoft Suite.”
- Leong, Lai-mei, and Seyedeh Masoumeh Ahmadi. 2017. “An Analysis of Factors Influencing Learners ’ English Speaking Skill.” International Journal of Research in English Education, 34–41.
- Lestari, Novita. 2019. “Improving the Speaking Skill by Vlog ( Video Blog ) as Learning Media : The EFL Students Perspective Improving the Speaking Skill by Vlog ( Video Blog ) as Learning Media : The EFL Students Perspective Novita Lestari” 9 (1): 915–25. https://doi.org/10.6007/IJARBSS/v9-i1/5490.
- M, Disha. n.d. “Evaluation in Teaching and Learning Process.” In Your Article Library. yourarticlelibrary.com. http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/statistics-2/evaluation-in-teaching-and-learning-process-education/92476#Need_and_Importance_of_Evaluation.
- Meador, Derrick. 2019. “Strategies for Teachers : The Power of Preparation and Planning,” 4–6.
- Media, Zaky. 2013. “Definition of Speaking Skill (Skripsi Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris Gratis ).” In . http://www.zakymedia.com/2013/06/definition-of-speaking-skill.html.
- Mulvahil, Elizabeth. 2018. “What Is Classroom Management ?”
- Nasr, Elhadi, and Elhadi Mustafa. 2018. “The Impact of YouTube , Skype and WhatsApp in Improving EFL Learners â€TM Speaking Skill.” International Journal of Contemporary Applied Researches 5 (5): 18–31.
- Nurdini, Rahmi Aulia. 2018. “The Use of Picture To Improve Students’ Speaking Skill in English.” IJET (Indonesian Journal of English Teaching) 7 (2): 157–62. https://doi.org/10.15642/ijet2.2018.7.2.157-162.
- O.D., Omodara, and Adu E.I. 2014. “Relevance of Educational Media and Multimedia Technology for Effective Service Delivery in Teaching and Learning Processes” 4 (2): 48–51.
- Orgoványi-Gajdos, Judit. 2016. “Teachers’professional Development on Problem Solving: Theory and Practice for Teachers and Teacher Educators.” Teachers’ Professional Development on Problem Solving: Theory and Practice for Teachers and Teacher Educators, no. October: 1–134.
- Pathak, Vibha, Bijayini Jena, and Sanjay Kalra. 2013. “Qualitative Reseacrh.” Perspectives in Clinical Research 4 (3). https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-3485.115389.
- Qureshi, Ishrat Aamer. n.d. “THE IMPORTANCE OF SPEAKING SKILLS FOR,” no. 5655: 1–10.
- Reference.com. n.d. “What Is Educational Media ?” In . https://www.reference.com/world-view/educational-media-c0d8b39422120f19.
- Rosdalina, Pipit Rahayu, Eripuddin. 2014. “Improving Student`s Speaking Skill Trought Animation Movie.” Pendidikan ll.
- Rouse, Margaret. 2017. “World Wide Web (WWW).” In . https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/World-Wide-Web.
- Sickler, Angela Zanardelli. 2017. “Study Strategies for Before, During, and After Class.” In Faculty Focus. facultyfocus.com. https://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/teaching-and-learning/study-strategies-class/.
- Tracy, Johnston. 2018. “Author : Tracy Johnston.”
- Wasim, Javed, Sunil Kumar Sharma, Imshad Ahmad Khan, and Siddiqui Jamshed. 2014. “Web- Based Learning Innovations.” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies 5 (1): 5859–64.
- Wisdomjobs.com. n.d. “Interview Method - Research Methodology.” In . Wisdomjobs.com. https://www.wisdomjobs.com/e-university/research-methodology-tutorial-355/interview-method-11489.html.
- Yamato, Jen. 2017. “World Wide Web Inventor Tim Berners-Lee : Free the Internet !” In Daily Beast. https://www.thedailybeast.com/world-wide-web-inventor-tim-berners-lee-free-the-internet.