Main Article Content
Writing is still considered as a difficult skill in language learning by Indonesian students. For that reason, it is urgent for teacher to seek for interesting ways to teach writing in the classroom. This study examines the effectiveness of the use of peer feedback technique to improve studentsâ€™ skill in writing descriptive paragraph. Some studies have proved the effectiveness of the technique to improve studentsâ€™ writing skill. The study employs experimental research in which one class of 20 students is taught to write narrative paragraph and correct their paragraph using peer feedback technique. The result of the study shows that the technique improves the students writing skill in narrative writing, however the scores are not significant. This suggests that there is a factor that affects the result of the teaching using peer feedback, and it is the less time of treatment which is indicated as the factor.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Farrah, Muhammad. 2012. â€œThe Impact of peer Feedback on Improving the Writing Skill:Herbon University, Palestineâ€ Vol.26, No.1.
- Baker, Jack, et al. Welcome to the Purdue OWL. (Online), (http://owl.english.purdue.edu./, Retrieved on January 27, 2015).
- Barry, Kevin. 1993. Beginning Teaching. Australia: Social Science Press.
- Brown, et al.1984. Grammar and Composition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Byrne, Donn. 1984. English Teaching Perspective. London: Longman.
- Churchill, Rick. 2011. Teaching: Making a Difference. Australia: Cataloguing
- Patak, Andi Anto, Hamimah Abu Naim, Hasbullah Said, and Nur Asik. 2013. â€œConceptualizing Assessment of Final Project Writing in English as a Foreign Language (EFL): An Indonesian Context.â€ In Proceedings of Technology, Education, and Science International Conference (TESIC) 2013: Developing Innovative Technology towards Better Human Life, 33. Ibnu Sina Institute for Fundamental Science Studies, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Syamsiah, Syamsiah. 2017. â€œThe Effect of the Use of Stories in Improving the Writing Ability of the Second Year Students of Madrasah Tsanawiyah Negeri Mangempang Barru.â€ EDUVELOP (Journal of English Education and Development) 1 (1): 57â€“66. https://doi.org/10.31605/eduvelop.v1i1.5.