Main Article Content
The objective of the research was to find out whether or not using chronological order was able to improve writing ability of the students of SMA Negeri 1 Pangkajene Sidrap. This study employed pre-experiment method, using the third year students of SMA Negeri 1 Pangsid kabupaten Sidenreng Rappang in Academic year 2011/2012. Total number of population was 192 students on six classes one of them were taken as sample by using cluster random sampling technique; class IPA 1 consisting 32 students. The instrument used in this research was to chronological order. The research used an experimental design one class was given pre-test, treatment and post-test design. The population was the third students of SMA Negeri 1 Pangsid kabupaten Sidenreng Rappang in academic year 2011/2012. The sample of this research was third year of SMA Negeri 1 Pangsid Kabupaten Sidenreng Rappang there were 32 students. The technique of sampling was cluster random sampling, and the data was analyzed into percentage, mean score analyzes and the of the research shows that teaching writing by using chronological order can increase the writing ability of the third year students of SMA Negeri 1 Pangsid kabupaten Sidenreng Rappang in which the result of t-test ( 5.743) is higher than t-table (2.042) with df( N-1) =32-1=31 in the level of significance ( 0.05) = 2.042. It means that using chronological order method in teaching writing is able to improve writing ability of the third year students of SMA Negeri 1 Pangsid Kabupaten Sidenreng Rappang.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Anwar, dkk. 2009, Pedoman Penelitian Karya Ilmiah dan Laporan Kegiatan Praktik Pengalaman Lapangan Mahasiswa. Edisi Revisi.STAIN Parepare
- Awaluddin, 2009. Improving Writing Skill of the Second Year Students of SMPN 1 Duampanua Kabupaten Pinrang By Using Spider Web. Unpublished Thesis, Parepare: UMPAR
- Bryne, 1984. Teaching Writing Skill. London. Oxford University Press.
- Crimmon, Mc. 1984. Writing with a Purpose.New Jersey. Hougton Miffin Company.
- Dirjen Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah, 2005. Peraturan Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah Tentang Penilaian Perkembangan Anak Didik.
- Dumais, 1988. Writing and English. Depdikbud Dierjen Pendidikan Tinggi Proyek Pengembangan Lembaga Pendidikan Tenaga Kependidikan. Jakarta
- Gay, L.R. 1981. Educational Research Competencies for Analysis and Application. Bell and Howell Company.
- Heaton, J. B. 1988. Writing English Language Tests ( New York: Longman Handbook for Language Teachers). p.145-146
- Homby. A.S. 1995. Oxford Learnersâ€™ Dictionary.Now York: Oxford University Press. Unwin Brothers Ltd.
- Oshima, Alice. 1998. Writing Academic English. Longman.
- Oshima, Alice. 1999. Writing Academic English. Longman.
- Rahma, Sitti. 2005. Improving the Students Ability to Write Descriptive Pragraph Through Direct Observation. Unpublished Thesis, Parepare: UMPAR
- Syahril. 2006. Improving Narative Writing Ability of the Second Semester of Muhammadiyah University of Parepare Through Telling Unforgettable Story. Unpublished thesis UMPAR