Main Article Content
The objective of the research is to get information of learning strategies which are commonly used by the eighth grade Students of the SMP Negeri 2 in speaking in the classroom and to know the strategies which are most effective to improve the speaking skill according to the eighth grade Students of the SMP Negeri 2 Parepare. This study apply a descriptive method. To get the good result, this study applies two questionnaires about students’ learning strategies and which learning strategies are most affective the students’ learning. The population of this research is the third semester students of the eighth grade Students of the SMP Negeri 2 Parepare in academic year 2020/2021. The sample of this study was 35 students. The result of this study found that the students 1) using English in classroom, 2) asking by using English, 3) actively imitating their teacher, 4) translating difficult sentences, 5) making quiz acively, and 6) correcting the structure mistake making by their friends, 7) paying attention to vocabulary, tenses, pronunciation, etc.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Alles, Edward David and Rebecca M. Valette. 1972. Classroom Techniques: Foreign Languages and English as a Second Language. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Brown, H. Douglas.1980. Principle of Language Learning and Teaching. First Edition, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice Hall Inc.
- Chamot, A.V. and Kupper, L.1989. Learning Strategy in Foreign Language Instruction. Foreign Language Analls Louisiana State University.
- Carrier, Miscall. 1980. Take 5. Game Activities for the Language Learners. New York: Longman.
- Carpio, Rustica C. and Anacleta M. Encarnacion. 2005. Private and Public Speaking. Jakarta: Yayasan Obor Indonesia.
- Davis, Evelyne. 1989. Understanding Learning Styles.
- Hasanuddin University. SIL. Ujungpandang.
- Gagne, Robert M. 1989. The Conditions of Learning and Theory of Instruction. Japan: Holt Sounders Internasional.
- Good, Carter V. 1897. Dictionary of Education.
- Cincinati: MC. Graw Hill, Inc.
- Harmer, J. 2001. The Practice of English Language Teaching. Third Edition. New York: Longman Press ELT.
- Holt. 1995. The Basic Dictionary of American, English. London: Oxford University Press.
- Hornby, A.S. 1974. The Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of Current English. London: Oxford University Press.
- James, Moffet. 1986. The Affective Teaching of Language Arts. Donna E. Norton: Texas A dan
- M. University.
- Keon and Personke, 1976. The Affective Teaching of Language arts. Donna E. Norton. Texas A dan
- M. University.
- Lasunra. 1994. The Inside and Outside Learning Strategies Used By Seventh Semester Students of English Education Department of FPBS IKIP Ujung Pandang in Improving Their Speaking Ability. (Thesis) FPBS IKIP Ujung Pandang.
- Nunan, D. 2004. Task-Based Language Teaching.
- Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Rahman. 1995. The Students Interest in Studying Speaking Used Speaking through Oral Communicative Activities. A Research Report Faculty Tarbiyah IAIN Ujung Pandang.
- Rasyid.M.Amin. 1993. Teaching Speaking Through Functional (research Report) FPBS IKIP Ujung Pandang.
- Nazaruddin, Rezkiawati. 2017. “Content Analysis Speaking Materials in English Textbook Based on 2013 Curriculum for the First Grade Student at Vocational High School.” Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development 1 (1): 49–
- 56. https://doi.org/10.31605/eduvelop.v1i1.2.
- Sakka, Wahyuni, and Rezky Naim. 2019. “Application of A Joyful Learning Strategy Based on Humor Communication to Improve the Interests and Achievements of Learning English
- | Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development.” 2019. https://ojs.unsulbar.ac.id/ index.php/eduvelop/article/view/423.
- Thomas M. Sherman. 1990. Proven Strategies for Success Learning. Virginia Polytechinc Institute and State University.
- Willis, Jane. 1981. Teaching English through English a Course in Classroom Language and Techniques. Harlow Longman.