Main Article Content
Speaking is the ability to pronounce words in order to convey or stated intention, ideas, thoughsts, feeling and dificult to deal with students. There are some problems as causes of the studentsâ€™ difficulties in speaking, such as they are afraid of making mistake, less convidence, seldom to communicate and cannot express their ideas. To solve the problems, the researcher suggests the use of PPP Model in learning process. Based on the previous explanation, the researcher formulates the objective of the research is to find out whether or not the speaking ability of the seventh grade students of SMP Negeri 9 Parepare can enhance through the Use of PPP Model In this research, the researcher applied quasi-experimental design, with two group namely experimental class and control class. The samples was chosen using cluster random sampling technique. The total numbers of sample were consisted of 55 students from two classes taken from the population of the seventh grade students of SMP Negeri 9 Parepare. The instrument used in this research was speaking test by record the studentsâ€™ utterance. The data were analyzed by using t-test formula. The result of the data analyzed shows that the studentsâ€™ speaking ability improved significantly. It was showed by the mean score of pre-test was 45.33 and the post-test was 72. 83. Besides, the mean score of the students in post-test (72.83) was higher than the Kriteria Ketuntasan Minimal (71) in SMP Negeri 9 Parepare and include good classification base on Dirjen Pendidikan Dasar dan Menegah (2005). In the same line, the result of t-test value was 2.102 and t-table value was 2.004 in post-test. It means that the t-test value (2.102) was higher than t-table value (2.004). Those indicate that H1 was accepted and H0 was rejected. It also shows there is a significant difference between the speaking ability of the students who were taught through the Use of PPP Model and the speaking ability of the students who were thought by Discovery Learning Model (Conventional Ways).
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Amaluddin. 2015. Buku Pedoman Penulisan Skripsi Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa inggris FKIP UMPAR: LPUMP; UMPAR PRESS.
- Aswad, Muhammad. 2017. â€œIs It Truly Improvisational Exercise Push Studentsâ€™ Speaking Ability.â€ EDUVELOP (Journal of English Education and Development) 1 (1): 9â€“17.
- Derakhshan, Khalili, and Beheshti. 2016. Developing EFL Learnerâ€™s Speaking Ability, Accuracy and Fluency: Gorgan; Golestan University.
- Gay, L.R, Geoffrey E.Mills, Peter W. Airasian. 2012. Educational Research Competencies for Analysis and Applications: Tenth Edition; Pearson.
- Kusmaryati, Sri Endang. 2008. Improving English Speaking Ability Through Classroom Discussion for Students of Ma Nu Banat Kudus: Kudus; MA NU Banat Kudus.
- Kaharuddin, A. 2014. Interactional Speaking a Guide to Enhance Natural Communication Skills in English: Yogyakarta: Trustmedia Publishing.
- Khansir, Ali Akbar, and Masomeh Zaab. 2015. The Impact of Process Ability Theory on the Speaking Abilities of Iranian EFL Learners: Islamic Azad University; International Journal.
- Maftoon, Parviz, and Sarem, Saied Najafi. 2012. A Critical look at the PPP Approach: challenges and Promix: Islamic Azad University; international Journal.
- Mukharomah, Laelatul. 2015. The Use of Discovery Learning Model to Improve studentsâ€™ Descriptive Text Writing (A Classroom Action Research at VII A Class of MTs NU 08 Gemuh Kendal: Semarang; Walisongo State Islamic University.
- Mawardi. 2017. Implementing Story Telling Activities to Increase the Speaking Ability of the Eleventh Grade Studentsâ€™ of MAN Pinrang: UMPAR; Library.
- Mezied, Mohammad Sawsan Khaleel. 2017. The Effectiveness of Using ECRIF and PPP Strategies in Fifth Gradesâ€™ Vocabulary Learning and Its Retention: Islamic University-Gaza; International Journal.
- Phuong. 2014. The Impact of PPP and TBLT on Vietnamses Studentsâ€™ Writing Performance and Selt-Regulation: Leuven; Department of Linguistics.
- Putri. 2017. Peer Instruction Method to Improve the Studentsâ€™ Speaking Ability at SMA Negeri 1 Watang Pulu: UMPAR; Library
- Rahman, Abdul. 2014. Teaching Speaking By Using Combining Presentation, Practice, Production (PPP) Method and Engage, Study, Activate (ESA) Method to Improve Studentsâ€™ Speaking Ability at Junior High School: Sumatra Barat; STKIP PGRI.
- Sugiyono. 2007. Statistika Untuk Penelitian: Bandung; CV ALFABETA.
- Saroh, Fitin Wike Mei. 2013. The use of PPP Method to Improve studentsâ€™ Speaking Ability the VIII.A Class at SM Muhammadiyah 6 Wuluhan: Jember; Muhammadiyah University.
- Suprapti, Ana. 2014. The use of Presentation, Practice, and Production) PPP Method to Improve Studentsâ€™ Speaking Ability:Thesiswords.com
- Saputri, Irma Yuliana. 2014. Improving the Speaking Ability of the Tenth Grade Students of SMA Negeri 4 Parepare Through Speaking Without Thinking Game (Dirjen Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah, 2005): UMPAR: Library.
- Sosiowati and Satyawati et.al. 2016. The Implementing of PPP (Presentation, Practice, and Production) Method in Teaching writing Ability at Seventh Grade Studentsâ€™ of SMP PGRI Denpasar: International Journal.
- Yusuf, Adi. 2012. A PPP Phase Method of Teaching speaking to Universitas Students: Uniptu Jombang; International Journal.