Main Article Content
This research is aimed at investigating the implementation of autonomous learning. Autonomous learning consists of three aspects: self-planning, self-monitoring, and self-evaluating. This research is a use a mixed-method sequential explanatory design. The subject of the research is 24 students of the first grade students of junior high school. The writer observed the classroom, and also gave a set of questionnaire to the students to find out whether they are an autonomous learner or not. The result showed that in self-planning aspect, 56.83% students are self-planned; they are categorized into â€œpoorâ€. In self-monitoring aspect, 81.85% students are self-monitored; they are categorized into â€œgoodâ€. In self-evaluating aspect, 62.53% students are self-evaluated; they are categorized into â€œfairâ€. So, the students got good category in self-monitoring aspect, whereas for self-planning and self-evaluating must be improved.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Ahmad Anwar, 2014. University EFL Learnersâ€™ Perceptions of Their Autonomous Learning Responsibilities and Abilities. Birzeit University: Palestina.
- Akhtar Nurbegum, Rayhana Fatema Chowdhusry, 2016. The Factors That Affect Learner Autonomy In Learning English As A Foreign Language (Efl) At Tertiary Level In Bangladesh.
- Ahmadzadeh, 2014, Learner Autonomy In Practice.
- Ayfer KoÃ§ak, 2003, a Study on Learnersâ€™ Readiness for Autonomous Learning 0f English as a foreign language, PDF. Downloaded on 28 March 2018
- Balcikanli Cem, 2010. learner Autonomy in Language Learning Student Teacherâ€™s Beliefs.
- Barfield, A. & Brown, S.H, 2001. Reconstructing Autonomy in Language Education. (Basingtoke: Palgrave Macmillan)
- Benson, P. (2001). Teaching and researching autonomy in language learning.
- London: Longman.
- Benson, P. 2006. Autonomy in Language Teaching and Learning. In Language Teaching and Learning. Cambridge University Press.
- Begum, The Factors That Affect Learner Autonomy In Learning English As A Foreign Language (Efl) At Tertiary Level In Bangladesh. (Asia Pasific Jurnal of Bangladesh:2016).
- Breen, M.P.,& Mann, S.J. 1997. Autonomy & Independence in Language Learning. Harlow: Addison Wesley Longman Ltd, 132-149.
- Chan, V. 2001. Readiness for learner autonomy: What do our learners tell us? Teaching in Higher Education, 6(4). 505-519.
- Cubukcu, Feryal. 2009. Acquisition, Development and Assessment of Learner Autonomy. Dokuz : Eylul University.
- Cecep Kustandi and Bambang Sutjipto,(2011) Media Pembelajaran, Bogor: GhaliaIndonesia,
- Dam L, 1996. Learner Autonomy 3. From Theory to Classroom Practice. Dublin Authentic.
- Djamiah Husain, 2011, Fostering Autonomous Learning Inside and Outside the Classroom in Language Learning, Badan Penerbit UNM.
- Fitri wulansari, hery yufrizal, hartati hasan, 2014. Analyzing Autonomous Learning at First Grade Of Junior High School Students, (PDF)
- Fotiadou,2016,Learner Autonomy As A Factor Of The Learning Process In Distance Educati on.
- Holec. H. 1981. Autonomy in Foreign Language Learning. Oxford:Pergamon. J. R. Fraenkel & N. E. Wallen. 2007. How to design and Evaluate Research in Education. Singapore: McGraw Hill.
- Little, D. 1991. Learner Autonomy. 1: Definitions, Issues and Problems. Dublin: Authentik.
- Little, D. (2008). Learner Autonomy and Second/Foreign Language Learning. Subject Centre for Languages.
- Louis, Helping Students Become Autonomous Learners: Can Technology Help?.
- Mc Arthur, 1998. The English Languages. Cambridge University Press.
- Nunan, D. 1999. Second Language Learning and Teaching. Boston, MA: Heinle &Heinle.
- Orakci, 2017 Learner Autonomy Scale : A Scale Development Study.
- Rubena, 2003. Helping students become autonomous learners: can technology help?
- Setiadi, Bambang. 2006. Metode Penelitian untuk Pengajaran bahasa Asing.Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
- Soleh Agus, 2015. Promoting Autonomous Learning In Reading Class. Malang : Kanjuruhan Universitry.
- Zhong, A Study Of Autonomy English Learning On The Internet, 2018.