Main Article Content
This study aims to find out how is the students’ and lecturer’s voices on the utilization of E-learning in teaching writing at Universitas Muhammadiyah Parepare. E-learning can be a solution to various educational problems. In particular, the use of technology and information is actually believed to be able to improve the quality of learning, develop student skills, expand access to education and much more. The researchers intended to know how the utilization of e-learning specially in writing subject on pandemic era. It applied qualitative approach as a research design. The participants in this research are students of English education study program at Universitas Muhammadiyah Parepare. The selected samples were interviewed to get deep information about implementation of e-Learning in teaching writing. The result showed there was negative and positive responses of the students and lecturer about the implementation of e-learning specially in writing subject. The researchers concluded that the implementation of e-learning in learning writing should be considered and adapt with the lecturer, students and the environment. The lecturers have to master and has a quality before conducting an e-learning for the students specially for the content and delivering the materials so, it would make the students would not faced a difficulties thing when they learn by e-learning. Other side is the big problem of the students was bad network.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Arif, M. M and Hashim, Fatimah. 2008. Reading from the Wordless : A Case Study on the Use of Wordless Picture Book. English Language Teaching Journal Vol.1(1). (121-126). Malaysia.
- Aripin, N., & Rahmat, N. H. 2021. Metacognitive writing strategies model used by ESL writers in the writing process: A study across gender. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 11(1), 1-9.
- Arizpe, E. 2013 Meaning-Making from Wo r d l e s s ( O r N e a r l y Wo r d l e s s ) Picture Book: what Educational Research Expects and What Readers Have to Say. Cambridge Journal of Education, 43 (2). ISSN 0305-764X.
- Bubou, G., & Job, G. 2021. Benefits, challenges and prospects of integrating E-Learning into Nigerian tertiary institutions: A mini review. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, 17(3), 6-18.
- Cushing, Weigle Sara. 2002. Assessing Writing. England: Cambridge University.
- Day, Hanne. 2007. Talking about Wordless Picture Book: A Tutor Strategy Supporting English Language Learners. London: UPS
- Department Pendidikan Nasional. 2005. Peraturan Direktorat Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah. Nomor 506/c/Kep/2004. Tentang Penilaian Perkembangan Anak Didik. Jakarta: Department Pendidikan Nasional.
- Ellery, Valerie. 2009. Creating Strategies Readers: Technique for Developing Competency in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension. New York: International Reading Association Inc.
- Geyzer, J. P. 2006. English to the Word.: Teaching Methodology Made Easy. Selangor: August Publication Sdn Bhd.
- Harvey, Stephanie and Anne Goudvis. 2000. Strategies that Work: Teaching Comprehension for Understanding and Engagement. New York: Pembroke Publishers.
- Heaton, J. B. 1975. Writing English Language Test.
- London : Longman.
- Hillman, J. 1995. Discovering Children’s Literature.
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Huang. 2009. Writing wordless picture book to facilitate English writing. ASEAN EFL Journal, Vol.8 August.
- Jacobs, G.M and Small. J. 2003. Combining Dictogloss and Cooperative Learning to Promote Language Learning, retrieved on from http://www.
- readingmatrix.com/article.pdf on December 20th (2007).
- Karimov, U. U., & Karimova, G. Y. 2021. The importance of innovative technologies in achieving educational effectiveness. Журнал естественных наук, 1(1).
- Kucer, Stephen B. and Cecilia Silva. 2005. Teaching the Dimensions of Literacy. New York: Routledge.
- Lestarir, L.W. & Fatoni, M. 2022. The show must go on: English students’ perception on online learning in Bojonegoro. Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development, Vol. 5 (2), 92-101. https://ojs.unsulbar.ac.id/index.php/eduvelop/ article/view/1460/762. DOI: 10.31605/eduvelop. v5i2.1460.
- Marble. 2012. How Do Wordless Picture Book Help Develop Writing for All Students?. New York: Pembroke Publisher.
- Mc. Kerrow. 2010. Introduction to International Relationship. The University of London.
- Nikou, S., & Maslov, I. 2021. An analysis of students’ perspectives on e-learning participation–the case of COVID-19 pandemic. The International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, 38(3), 299- 315.
- Setiani, Sudarsono, Husin. 2013. Using a Unworded (Wordless) Picture to Teach Descriptive Text Writing Skill. Teacher Training Education Faculty of Tanjungpura University in Pontianak.
- Situmorang, K. Pramusita, S. M. Nugroho, D. Y. 2021. English teachers’ reflcetions and lessons learned in language teaching during Covid-19 Pandemic. Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development, Vol. 5 (1), 50-61. https://ojs.unsulbar.
- ac.id/index.php/eduvelop/article/view/1111/613. DOI: https://doi. org/ 10.31605/ eduvelop. v5i1.1111.
- Susilawati, S. 2021. Prospects of Digital Literature and Its Implications on Increasing Learning Outcomes During The Covid-19 Pandemic. Nidhomul Haq: Jurnal Manajemen Pendidikan Islam, 6(3), 526-536.
- Nazaruddin, Rezkiawati. 2017. “Content Analysis Speaking Materials in English Textbook Based on 2013 Curriculum for the First Grade Student at Vocational High School.” Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development 1 (1): 49–56. https://doi. org/10.31605/eduvelop.v1i1.2.
- Sakka, Wahyuni, and Rezky Naim. 2019. “Application of A Joyful Learning Strategy Based on Humor Communication to Improve the Interests and Achievements of Learning English | Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development.” 2019. https://ojs.unsulbar.ac.id/index.php/ eduvelop/article/view/423.
- Yanti, M.V. Santosa, M. H & Mahendrayana, G. 2022. Exploring Students and Teachers’ Anxiety in Learning English During Emergency Remote Teaching in Vocational High School in Bangli. Eduvelop: Journal of English Education and Development, Vol. 5 (2), 126-138. https://ojs.unsulbar.ac.id/index.php/ eduvelop/article/view/1493/765. DOI: https://doi. org/10.31605/eduvelop.v5i2.1493.